May 17, 2008

ZOOOOOO!

Huzzah for zoo trips! Here are the sketch pages that resulted, in the order they were drawn. Only a couple truly horrible failures were Photoshopped out; the rest remains intact.

My favorite part of the learning experience was finally not failing really hard at the elephants and rhinos. Their facial structures have always eluded me... I also learned something very significant about elephant body shapes that I somehow have missed up to this point. :P

And without further stalling, the drawings!









6 comments:

Anthony Holden said...

Hoorah for the zoo! I love these sketches, Rachel!
Don't you just love drawing those monkeys? I feel like I relate to them best for some reason.
I also love how whenever I go to the zoo I end up with people in my sketchbook--sometimes (by which I mean most of the time) I end up with more people than animals...
Anyhow, these are great.

Anthony Holden said...

PS, I thought you might appreciate that Jake and I beat the Ninja Turtles arcade game at the Nickelcade on Friday.

Murphy said...

Awesome, I wish that I could draw this well.
I just will keep working on it.

Rachel B said...

Hmf, a Ninja Turtles arcade jam and I wasn't invited?

Thanks, guys.

Thanks.

Jake said...

It was a MAN-DATE, Rachel. MAN. We're MARRIED now, so it's only okay if we go on dates with other boys... wait... that can't be right...

Anyway, you drawings are probably the best zoo sketches I've ever seen from someone I personally know. Your powers are MOST impressive.

disa said...

韓谷屋,金漢城,巴西里,漁人碼頭,人間,鳥語花鄉,鳥語花鄉,花園餐廳,複合式餐廳,複合式,泰式料理,領事館,西子灣,好望角,精品民宿,水悅雅築,水悅雅築,海濱民宿,信義之家,海天依舍,海天,源泰綠地,綠地,時尚民宿,育樂中心,生活民宿,富雅民宿,五號小築,小魚民宿,優質民宿,七星潭,七星海,安莊民宿,紫園,上豪民宿,七星潭,東方戀人,月牙灣,富莉民宿,福田民宿,哇旦民宿,異速館,小荳荳,炭烤,雨果,國賓飯店,夏都,文字燒,月島,文字,法式餐廳,曼波,居酒屋,咖哩事典,原燒,咖哩,紅蟹將軍,上閤屋,百樂,天河,咖啡,鐵板燒,葡萄酒,燒肉庭,藍色狂想,海洋館,麻辣,巴黎春天,泰國餐廳,辛香館